The spring season is here in Virginia Beach, and now is the time to get your home market-ready. When you list your home and invite potential buyers in, it’s important to have your property ready for the market or you risk the opportunity to make a good first impression. Updates don’t have to be expensive, and with a little preparation and planning, your home will stand-out, which means a faster sale and less market time.
Here are 7 simple ideas to get your home market-ready.
1. Landscape – Curb appeal is the first impression that potential buyers have of your home, and the outside of the home should sparkle! Plant colorful flowers to celebrate the spring season, mow the lawn, trim all the shrubs, bushes and trees, and add a flower pot or plant to the front porch for an added punch.
2. Welcome – The front of your home should be welcoming. If your front door is worn, replace it or add fresh coat of paint.
3. De-clutter – Remove all unused items in each room. A cluttered room makes it difficult for buyers to see their items in the space. It’s also recommended to organize all closets and storage spaces.
4. Lighten-Up – Freshen bedrooms by exchanging heavy winter bedding and linens for lighter spring ensembles.
5. Clean-up the Kitchen – Give the cabinets a fresh coat of paint or refinish the cabinets. Clear all counters, and clean all appliances. A kitchen that sparkles appeals to buyers.
6. Let the Sun In– Take advantage of natural sunlight by opening all window treatments and blinds.
7. Update Bathrooms – Refresh any paint, update hardware and fixtures. Replace any dull light bulbs, and add fresh new towels, rugs, and scented hand soaps or candles.
Pat Bowler | Market Leader & Mortgage Consultant
575 Lynnhaven Parkway Suite 101 | Virginia Beach VA 23452 | 757-652-3999
Movement Mortgage, LLC is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS # 39179 | 877-314-1499. Movement Mortgage, LLC is licensed by the “Virginia Bureau of Financial Institutions” Lic # MC-5112. Interest rates and products are subject to change without notice and may or may not be available at the time of loan commitment or lock-in. Borrowers must qualify at closing for all benefits. “Movement Mortgage” is a registered trademark of the Movement Mortgage, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company.
NMLS license number 21095